The School Community Council (SCC) encourages communication between parents, employees and administrators to be involved in establishing and implementing educational goals for students. We invite all parents to condiser serving on the SCC.
Salem Elementary School Community Council
2020 - 2021 Meeting Schedule
|Date||Time & Place||Purpose|
|September 15th||3:30 pm in Faculty Room||Introductions/Training|
|October 20th||3:30 pm in Faculty Room||SCC Training|
|November 17th||3:30 pm in Faculty Room||School Goals|
|December 15th||3:30 pm in Faculty Room||School Goals|
|January 19th||3:30 pm in Faculty Room||School Goals|
|February 16th||3:30 pm in Faculty Room||Review School Goals|
|March 23rd||3:30 pm in Faculty Room||Safe Walking Routes|
|April 20th||3:30 pm in Faculty Room||Final Meeting|
|May 18th||3:30 pm in Faculty Room||Thank You TBA|
School Community Council meetings are open to the public. Meetings will be held from 3:30 - 4:30 p.m. You are welcome to attend any or all of the meetings.
|Coral Lee Findlay||Principalfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Allocated budget for 2020-2021 = $57,803.64|
The following information is from The Shared Governance Handbook. The SCC provides a "cooperative means of improving the educational programs and conditions" within the school. Decisions and responsibilities allocated to the SCC by the Utah law includes:
- Developing a School Improvement Plan (SIP)
- Developing the School LAND Trust Program
- Assisting in the development and implementation of a school professional development plan
- Develop and implement a child access routing plan (safe walking routes to and from school)
- Advising and making recommendations to school and school district administrators and the local school board regarding the school and its programs, school district programs, and other issues relating to the community environment for students
- Developing a reading achievement plan.
For more information please refer to the Nebo School District Board Of Education Policies and Procedures section K: School - Community Relations