Dear Salem Elementary Parents and Families,
I want to make you aware that this year elementary registration will take place online throughout the entire Nebo School District. We hope you find the process to be clear, simple and convenient. The online registration will be available starting July 6, 2017.
To begin, visit the Salem Elementary webpage at http://salem.nebo.edu/ and click on Registration under the links. You will then be directed to click on either New Student registration (new to our school or new to the district) or Current Student registration. At this point you will have the opportunity to:
- Verify and/or update SIS address and contact information. Please especially make sure the email address listed is current since that is the main form of communication I will use throughout the year.
- Pay donations online with a credit card through RevTrak. $20 per student is requested, although any amount is greatly appreciated and needed. *Please note that there is a $2.00 service fee if you choose to use this optionl. If you would prefer to use cash or a check, you are welcome to drop by the school (Monday-Thursday, 8:00 – 1:00 throughout July or wait until registration day – see below).
- Make lunch payments if desired through PayPams or determine if qualified for Free and Reduced School lunch.
- Read through and sign registration documents, permission slips and information pertinent to our school.
- If a new student, find a list of which documents need to be brought to the school in person in order to register your child.
Once you have finished the registration process, on July 31st you will be able to access your child’s class assignment for 2017-2018 through your SIS account. The exception to the July 31st date would be if we have a grade level that is on the bubble of adding or losing a teacher. If this happens to us we would need to wait for those students to receive their assignment until the classes/teachers are in place.
We will be holding regular registration on Thursday, August 1st from 8:00 – 4:00. However, it is not necessary for you to attend if you have completed the online registration prior to that date. If you do prefer to wait until August 1st to come to the in-person registration, you are welcome to do so and we can assist you in completing the registration process on our computers.
PTO sign-ups, volunteer opportunities, t-shirt ordering, greeting the teacher, and the any other school information will take place on registration day as well as at our Open House on Monday, August 21st from 2:00pm – 4:00pm. We request that every student and at least one parent/guardian plan to attend that day.
If you have any questions regarding this process, please feel free to contact the front office at 801-423-1182. I hope you are enjoying your summer.